Communication, communication, communication.
Just as we never cut corners on construction, we never cut corners on communication. We chart out a detailed schedule for completion and stick to it. And at every step, you’ll enjoy the guidance and assistance of a dedicated team who helps make sure progress is steady – and your nerves are, too.
Here are the steps to expect when you build with us.
Signed Purchase Agreement
This is the phase where your hopes and dreams begin to become a solid plan. The Purchase Agreement reflects the entire construction process and includes:
- An itemized list of the features and options included in your new home
- All relevant information about the property, Homeowners Association and obligations of the buyer and seller
Earnest Money Deposits
Traditions provides construction financing for your new home. You will make three deposits totaling 20% of the final purchase price.
The next step towards construction is to refine the building plans to ensure all of the structural elements – walls, doors, and windows – match your vision.
- You’ll meet with your Sales Manager and Builder to revise the plans until they’re complete and accurate
- We then submit the plans for a building permit while you move on to even more fun stuff: selecting the finishes for your new home
Traditions, along with our trade partners, provides a wide array of feature and material options so you can personalize your home to reflect your own style. Working closely with our Selections Manager/Designer, you’ll:
- Make exterior selections such as brick, stone, siding and paint colors
- Decide on interior selections for flooring, plumbing fixtures, tile, cabinetry, counter tops and other interior features – these can all be made at the Traditions Group Selections Center at our office
- Visit our trade partners’ designer showrooms to select lighting and appliances
Once your selections are complete and approved, we secure construction financing and are ready to begin construction on your new home.
In about seven or eight months from the first day of construction, we go from sticks and bricks to the final walkthrough. Your Sales Manager and Builder will meet and talk with you regularly, keeping you in the loop throughout the entire process.
- Construction begins with an on-site meeting with your Builder.
- Around the halfway point, we’ll conduct an electrical walk-through with you and your Builder to refine the electrical plan. You’ll be able to make changes to the lighting and wiring at that time.
- Shortly after the electrical walk-through, you’ll meet with the landscape designer to finalize your courtyard and homesite design.
- Once construction is complete, your New Home Presentation takes place, typically a few days before closing.
About two months before your home is completed, we’ll provide an estimated range for your closing date. Here’s what to expect from that point on:
- You’ll confirm your lender and review the details of the property transfer
- We’ll coordinate the paperwork – including outstanding Change Orders and contract details – to ensure your lender and title company have all of the necessary information
- The closing will be confirmed a week or two before the actual date so you can coordinate moving details and establish utility services
- At closing, we’ll provide the Deed, Certificate of Occupancy, the New Home Warranty, information on the Homeowners Association – and the keys to your new home
Once you’ve moved in, we don’t just move on. We will be there to service your new home and within the first year, we’ll schedule two follow-up inspections.
- The first inspection is at 60 days to make repairs or adjustments to minor items
- The second inspection comes at 11 months and is more comprehensive, with our trade partners coming to your home to complete any necessary service work
- We fully stand behind our work – your Warranty includes two years on the mechanical systems and ten years on any structural item
- We value your feedback – you will receive a follow-up customer experience survey from Avid Ratings, a leading independent customer research firm, one month post-closing and then once again after one year of living in your new home.
The information presented on this page is an example of a typical process and is for informative purposes only. Timing and details may vary based on an individual customer’s situation. This document is not part of the Purchase Agreement.